Monday, January 5, 2009

December 29, 2008 - January 5 2009

Hello everybody! Your dear Elder here in Argentina went a little crazy this week. We have been having a rough time finding people as of late, and we decided we needed to be a little bit more crazy! So we got together with the other elders and Put up BIG POSTERS! One of them said, ¨Did you know that Christ visited the Americas?¨ and the other ¨Families are Forever¨. We went out on Saturday afternoon in the plaza(the center of the city, or the ¨Central Park¨of Punta Alta) and talked to everybody we could about the gospel and the book of Mormon. We ended up in 3 hours finding 33 people and all of the accepting the invitations to go to church on Sunday. IT was wicked awesome. That means that this week...the last week of the transfer...is going to be crazy busy trying to go by all of these people and follow up on their reading and praying commitments. Its going to be absolutely crazy!My companion is sick again, throwing up and migraines. It is dehydration. Maybe my body is just used to it after running and never hydrating enough, but he drinks way more than I do, and still gets this. I have yet to get that(knock on wood!) Our English class we teach has gotten significantly more difficult, as we now have students who really want to learn grammar. The other Elder designated me to teach grammar and them to do vocabulary. YIKES! This last week we went over prepositions and prepositional phrases. Today is going to be a crazy P-day. We woke up and went and took pictures by the coast(it really is a shame we cant do anything but look at it, haha). Then we went to play a game called paddle. Its a mix of tennis and Racquetball. I really love it, but I am terrible. Now we are doing our Internet, and then we are going to McDonald's...Okay, let me explain. McDonald's there is like cheap fast food, but here it is delicacy. It costs 25 pesos to get a combo meal. The hamburgers alone are 16 pesos. Needless to say, we are eating some fine-dining McDonald's style. :) Then its off to the district and zone meetings!Oh, for the new year we spent with 3 families. One member, one less active member, and one investigating family. We made Tacos of course, but also ate half of a lamb...literally we threw half of a lamb onto the grill. Then some salads and fruit salads for desert. We played with the little kids for a while, which were absolutely crazy. Not to mention my comp doesn't have a whole lot of patience for these little kids. hahahahaha. Anyways. Things are going well here, and this could be my last week in this area! WOW! I have only been in one area and I am one quarter of the way done. Its actually kind of sad. I have been waiting my entire life to go on a mission, anticipating and trying to prepare(keyword there TRYING). And now a big chunk is already gone. :( Well, there is a lot to do today, sorry this is so short. Know that I love you all, and that you are in my prayers!ELDER ANDERSEN
Chase Andersen

No comments: