Thursday, January 15, 2009

I have been transfered off to a little town called General Acha!

Left to right is My house in Punta Alta: Elder Judd(My Comp), Elder Simmons(Absolute Studd), Mini Martin(Mini Missionary), Me(I sure hope you know who I am)
Its tradition, and I hit six months in the mission. BURN A TIE
Who would´ve thunk it! I am a cowboy!
General Acha with Aldridge I have been transferred off to a little town called General Acha! It is out in the Pampa(the plains). So basically, I am headed out to the middle of nowhere in Argentina. I am going to a little town, and I will probably be eating some pretty weird food. Like Deep fried horse legs. And bone marrow soup...That's pretty cool no? I am way excited. My companion is half black, and this is his last six weeks in the Mission. So, there is a lot I can learn from the guy. I am way excited. His name is Elder Aldridge and he is from Alaska. Sweet stuff no? This heat is killing him. I slept all of about 2 hours last night, because i was traveling through the night to get here. Its so crazy. I was just in the one city, and that was what Argentina was to me. Its so cool to see a new side of things. It is only He and I living in this city. We have to travel 1.5 hours every Sunday Night to get to the City for P-day. Then we take it back. Its so crazy. I haven't seen it yet, but I hear its so tiny. I am way excited. Its a Rama, but I will give you more details next week, because I really don't know a whole lot.This last week was a little slow. P-day was fun. Interviews...I just knew I was leaving my first area, and it was way sad. I had to say goodbye to people. Like Eli and Toni. I am not going to lie it broke my heart. After helping people change their lifestyle and wanting to come to the gospel, and now preparing to go the temple to be sealed for all time and eternity, you just love them. They became like siblings to me. Like, really really. I hope I can come back someday, but I just don't know. Its pretty sad, But it is way happy to be moving as well. Its strange to be saying goodbye to the place I spent a quarter of my mission in. Not to mention the comp I have been with for the longest time. Its definitely strange. But I am stoked to start up here, and try to make some stuff happen out here. Really really...its going to be good. Sorry the email is a little short today.
Love you all

No comments: