Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 13, 2010


Well, this last week was really GREAT! We had lots of fun, and lots of things happen. I really dont know where to begin, and its kind of hard even to distinguish one week from the next, so if I repeat myself, I apologize.Rosa and Martin were baptized and confirmed this weekend....exciting no? I think so. Glassman is down to 11 days, and we have lunches and dinners set up everywhere with people that want to give him a goodbye meal...in other words, I am going to continue eating WAY too much, of WAY good food, that is WAY bad for me. We get home at nights after these dinners just unable to move, they just dont stop feeding us. For example. We went straight from church on sunday to our lunch. I was full after eating two plates, and then when they came out of the kitchen with about 40 Chicken fried stakes to eat...I just wanted to cry. so, I forced down about twelve of them, and then we took off, afraid that they had more...which they might have. We went home for a bit, and then some members knocked on the door, and told us that they had a barbque they wanted us to go too, with steak, ribs, and chicken, with salad and potatoes...we got owned again-with desert. Then we had a meeting with some other missionaries, and we got a phone call from Rosa who made us a cake and some crepes with Dulce de Leche(carmel like substance) to take home for the night...RIDICULOUS. They say that it is because we have gained the trust of the members that they give us things like this...but I think it is because they want to see us get fat...Oh, it is the summer time here, and it has gotten crazy here in Mar Del Plata. In the last 10 days, over 430,000 people have come, and the majority of them to my area. They are all tourists,a nd we are finding people from everywhere...and everything is always WAY packed.Anyways...everything is good here for me, just loving the weather, and the work. Trying my best to do everything that I can, and to do it in the Lord`s way.Thank you so much for everything everybody...
WGB,
Elder Andy P.S. Photos!1. This is the baptism from the weekend...Rosa and Franco-Glassman and Myself(if you recognize me :)2. I fell asleep with winnie the pooh...how cute no?

No comments: